Yesterday was just a whirlwind of activity. Got up at 3 am to get to the airport, got on the flight to Chicago just fine, it was a nice flight, though I admit that taking a vicodin helped.
Got to O'Hare only to find that my flight to Columbus was delayed. That's OK, I can deal with it. But that hour became 90 minutes, then 2 1/2 hours, then back to 2 hours, then back to 2 1/2 hours. But finally got on the little RJ to take me to Ohio. Flight attendant Timothy welcomed us on board. What a queen. When the pilot made his announcement, saying that "Tim" would take care of our needs, "Timothy" got on the intercom to the flight deck to correct the pilot of his correct name. Anal, in oh, so many ways!
I did make it to Marion, and Dad, The Fran and Donato's pizza was waiting for me. Within 15 minutes, we had out first Fran moment.
Talking about my flight being delayed, Fran started talking about her last flight and "being stacked up seven high waiting to land". Dad quickly corrected her that they don't do that anymore to save time and fuel. Fran then said "I was up there so long, I thought I saw a UFO." Pause. "I probably didn't."
Now that leaves open the theory that she still believes that she might have seen a UFO while she was in this supposedly holding pattern in her head. I guess when it comes to Fran, the Eagle has landed...just short of the runway.
Now for the event. The Marion Popcorn Festival. Get a good parking spot. By the look of the crowd at the Wal Mart, one would think that the festival in downtown Marion would be not so populated. Wrong. It was wall to wall white trash. Add carnival rides, carnival food, beer and a shocking lack of popcorn and you got yourself a fine time. The headline entertainment, some country singer that uses his first, middle and last name had a lot of spectators, with the little Miss Popcorn singing some Disney Mermaid song as his warm up band. Great, huh?
Found my dear friend Lisa, had a few beers and then everything hit me like a brick wall. I was ready to sleep. Sleep a lot. So I left the great fun that was the Popcorn Festival and headed to Dad's house.
Jesus, it was hot in that house. The air conditioning had to be set to 80. But eventually I fell asleep and got up around noon. Only after Dad, who was mowing the yard, set the lawnmower under my bedroom window and just let it run. I got the message, Dad!
White Castles for lunch, so now I am ready for whatever these people have to throw at me!
No comments:
Post a Comment