I was looking at my vacation budget yesterday, something an anal retentive person (me) does several times a day, figuring out how much cash dinero I have to do whatever when I am away.
My largest single expenditure is gasoline for the drive. What, I thought, what could I do to trim down costs? What if I flew there and rented a car? Yes, it certainly would eliminate that drive (4 days), lodging along the way, and the gas at over $3.50 a gallon. Shockingly, using miles and renting a car was less expensive! So, I had to ponder the people I was going to see along the way. Since I had already cut Chicago out of the plans, only St. Louis remained. I could handle that, and my friend would understand.
So I booked the trip using my United miles. Funny thing about United, everything you have read about airlines in general charging fees even to take a shit is true. The charged me $75 just to book the ticket since it was within 14 days. They were going to charge me $120 round trip just to take my clothes. They had this "Premier Super Duper Chump Club" deal that if I paid $137, I could get two bags checked free (if I am paying, then how the fuck is it free?) and I could enter the plane early and (gasp!) sit in a seat that has 4 additional inches of leg room. So, for $17, I can get in the front of coach. Shrug. I did it. What the fuck.
So on Saturday, I leave DIA at 6 in the AM for a flight to Chicago, then on to Your Town, My Town, Cow Town. And as an added bonus, I can get to uptown Marion on Saturday night for the Popcorn Festival!
You are definitely going to see pics of this! Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment